First In Team Pty Ltd has partnership arrangements with Third Party Providers for the delivery of accredited training. It is a requirement that these Third Party Providers as registered training organisations (RTO’s) participate in vocational education training and nationally recognised training – collect personal information in accordance with the National Vocational Education and Training Act 2011.
The information may also be shared with other state and territory government and Australian Government authorities (including the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and ministers, occupational licensing bodies, overseas authorities, and others in accordance with the information sharing provisions contained in the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 or the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988.
When you click on links on our website, you may be directed away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information includes a broad range of information, or an opinion, that could identify an individual. What is personal information will vary, depending on whether a person can be identified or is reasonably identifiable in the circumstances. For example, personal information may include:
The definition of personal information only relates to ‘natural’ persons. It does not extend to other ‘legal’ entities, such as companies.
Information collected and how is it used
First In Team Pty Ltd collects and uses personal information from our clients/course participants to properly and efficiently carry out our business and provide training services. We may also use clients/course participants information with consent for related purposes such as advising of first aid updates, services and products. An example of the personal information First In Team Pty Ltd collects and holds includes, but not limited to:
• Name • Address • Phone Number • Email Address • Date of Birth •
We generally collect personal information by way of forms filled out by people, face to face, meetings, telephone conversations, interviews, business cards and from third parties. We may also collect personal information provided by you when you use our website.
Third Party Providers
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Personal identification information
First In Team Pty Ltd may collect personal identification information from website users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our website, register on the website, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Website users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
Non-personal identification information
First In Team Pty Ltd may collect non-personal identification information about website users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider’s utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
First In Team Pty Ltd When you use our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- To improve customer service:- Information you provide may help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our website:- We may use your feedback to improve our products and services.
- To process payments:- We may use your information when placing an order to service to that order. We do not share this information with third parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
- How we protect your information:- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website. Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
- Sharing your personal information: We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
How to opt out of correspondence
Based on information provided, First In Team Pty Ltd may send email or SMS correspondence. All correspondence will contain an easy means to opt out of any further correspondence.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes of operating the business. First In Team Pty Ltd will not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
We will only disclose personal information to a third party providers where one or more of the following apply:
- You have given consent (verbal or written)
- It is authorised or required by law, or necessary for enforcement of law
- It will protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person
- The assets and operations of the business are transferred or sold.
Access to personal information
Course participant files may only be accessed by the Director, Administration Manager, trainer and/or assessor, Third Party Provider registered training organisation. Access by administrative staff to participant’s files will only be for the purpose of updating files as directed by one of the above mentioned.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
All course participants have a right to view their own files. To view personal information participants may do so upon request to the Director or Administration Manager in writing or by email. You will be required to provide proof of identification to view the information.
Access to a file by a third party other than as above can only be provided with the written consent of the course participant.
Age of consent
By using this website, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, then you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before accessing and using the website
Storage & Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all reasonable requirements and implement generally accepted industry standards. We will take reasonable steps to maintain the privacy and security of personal information. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
- Storing electronic information on a secure server with restricted access
- Storing paper-based documents securely on our premises
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at First In Team Pty Ltd trading as First In Sports First Aid and First In First Aid Services, 18A Endeavour Dr, Port Adelaide SA 5015.
Last edited on 25/05/2020